Thursday, November 13, 2014

The Thing About November

top: hm
skirt: hm (similar)
shoes: bass

Historically, the autumn months are not a good time for me. In the past, this time of the year is typically racked with breakups, sad playlists, and that post-summer weight gain that inevitably comes when your body is physically prepping for the winter like animals do when they're getting ready for hibernation (and it has nothing to do with the fact that I ate 7 cookies for breakfast this morning because they were the closest edible thing in proximity to my bed). It's science. Look it up.

But this year, I'm finally starting to embrace November. September and October have and always will suck, I've accepted that. But, November, people. November is when things get good again. 

When all it takes to keep you going is the knowledge that you're getting at least one giant home-cooked meal this month.

When you can wear all black and not be asked if you're supposed to be a witch or a cat. 

When you don't feel obligated to go out on the weekends because the icy cold weather is curbing FOMO, and replacing it with FODITS (Fear Of Driving In The Snow).

When you can finally decide that this will be the year you start wearing turtlenecks again, and buy one, only to return it the next day because you can't get over how much you look like Steve Jobs in it. 

When November Sweeps pulls through and your favorite TV couples finally get together and everything is right with the world.

When beanies and beards start making their long awaited comeback and every male becomes instantaneously more attractive (or maybe you're just getting more desperate but either way, it's good).

So here's to November and all the beautiful little things that come with it. I would advise you to go to Trader Joe's and buy all the "pumpkin" flavored items you can get ahold of. Watch the Thanksgiving episode of Gossip Girl just to get into the spirit of the season. Take game-changing pictures of your feet in the fall leaves like no one has ever done before, because you can. November is a time to do what you wanna do and be who you wanna be, and no one can stop you. 

Plus, our diet starts December 1st. 

xoxo
Lo

8 comments:

  1. Dude, I love you. Your posts lately are just so ON POINT.
    "and every male becomes instantaneously more attractive (or maybe you're just getting more desperate but either way, it's good"
    ^^^ I mean, really. Perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I literally go through every emotions possible whenever I read your posts, because it is so darn accurate and strangely relatable. Idk man, I feel like you're my bff :p haha

    www.stylemeendless.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. "November is a time to do what you wanna do and be who you wanna be, and no one can stop you", I like this statement!

    ReplyDelete
  4. girl you look fierce as hail.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This post is perfect and I needed it. Thank you, and happy November-aka-time-for-life-to-stop-sucking-and-time-for-unapologetically-participating-in-selfish-albeit-comforting-seasonal-rituals.

    http://b-lissfully.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't even know you and I wish we were besties.

    www.awildflowerlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yup, the best month. Except my birthday is on Thanksgiving this year and I hate sharing

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this post so much. I really do feel as if it's the majority of things any teenage girl will think during the month of November and it's just so accurate!
    Now let's take a moment to show our thanks for the beanies.

    ReplyDelete

Reading your comments is like finding 5 dollars in my pocket. You guys are the best.

More reads...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...