Tuesday, August 26, 2014

At Least I'm Not Addicted to Meth: A Swimsuit Story



swimsuit: pacsun (sold out, but other cool options here and here)
shorts: thrifted vintage levi's
shoes: converse
photos: Kenzie Gossling Photography

I know summer is basically over, but either I just totally forgot about these pictures, or I subconsciously try to block any visuals of me in a swimsuit from my mind. At some point I had big plans to write up a post about my ultimate guilty pleasure buys (swimsuits), yet here we are at the end of August and that's probably useless to you now. But I'm gonna do it anyways. The good news though, pretty much all swimsuits everywhere are on sale right now, and yes, I have a few coming for me in the mail as we speak (which will probably be returned because... my butt).

I don't know what it is, but I buy swimsuits all year long. Let's keep in mind that I live in Utah; where there are no beaches, no pools open past September 1st, and winter clothes are required 8 months out of the year. But I can't stop. They're like the Blue Sky of the online shopping world, and I'm Walter White. Did that metaphor even make sense? Don't think about it. It sounded cool in my head.

Anyways, if you have the same problem, let me be an enabler and direct you to my favorite suits, all under $50. Happy shopping (addiction)!




7 comments:

  1. That title drew me in and then the swimsuits you've enabled me to start thinking about kept me going. In other words, if I find myself buying a new swimsuit anytime before next summer, I think we'll both know who to blame. Sigh, I think this is why my mother warned me to stay away from the internet.
    On a totally different topic, I'm kind of curious to see what sort of tanlines that swimsuit leaves on your back. Something tells me it's not exactly backless ensemble-friendly...

    P.S. Your post titles always make me laugh. And shake my head. But mostly laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok miss BABE. You better had not been serious about blocking visuals of you in a swimsuit because you are freaking perfect, for real. I can't think of someone more fitting for that shirt ps.

    And now you've got me obsesseddd with that aloha print two piece from Nordstrom. I need it!! I love love high waisted bikinis so much and already have one but even though I LOVE it I sadly never wear it because I find myself feeling like people are too quick to judge around here. Do you know what I mean at all? Or do you feel that at all. It drives me crazy, because really all I want to do is be able to wear my swimsuit to the pool without looks of disapproval targeted. Ugh drives me crazy.
    Anyways that was totally a rant, I don't even know where I was going with that. Oh ya I think I was trying to use my more logical "you'll never wear it" brain against my "you need that swimsuit right now, it's 50% off and freaking adorable, get it get it get it" brain. Andd it's not working. haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the style, perfect top and shorts match!
    Love your blog, now following on GFC & bloglovin' :) would love it if you checked out my latest post xx

    http://glamourtricks.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm loving those swimsuit picks! And at least hot tubbing is still an option during the Provo winters right ;)?

    Paige
    http://thehappyflammily.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I seriously just love everything about you - including your addiction to swimsuits!
    And the title of this post :) You look beautiful and carefree and make miss the summer!
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  6. I draw-like-a-‘nom-de-plume’ our long-years-of-faith -2- decipher the voracious veracity -2- make a perfectly cognizant, fully-spectacular, Son-ripened-Heaven… yet, I’m not sure if we're on the same page if you saw what I saw. Greetings, earthling. Because I was an actual NDE on the outskirts of the Great Beyond at 15 yet wasn’t allowed in GRRR lemme share with you what I actually know Seventh-Heaven’s Big-Bang’s gonna be like: meet this advanced, bombastic, ex-mortal Upstairs for the most extra-groovy-paradox, pleasure-beyond-measure, Yummy-Reality-Addiction in the Great Beyond for a BIG-ol, kick-ass, party-hardy, robust-N-risqué, eternal-warp-drive you DO NOT wanna miss the sink-your-teeth-in-the-rrrock’nNsmmmokin’-hot-deal. YES! For God, anything and everything and more! is possible!! Cya soon…

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful look! Love, love, love it!!! You look amazing :)

    ReplyDelete

Reading your comments is like finding 5 dollars in my pocket. You guys are the best.

More reads...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...