Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Foul Creature of the Night



shirt: c/o PB + J Boutique
jeans: hm
sunnies: c/o Kameleonz
necklace: army surplus
shoes: urban outfitters
*pictures by Kenzie Gossling Photography*

If you've known me for a while, or just long enough to memorize my sleeping patterns (which takes less time than you'd think), you know that I don't sleep. Ever.

I mean, for the most part, being a human is great. You get to clearly articulate your thoughts and feelings with the use of language, and opposable thumbs are pertinent to important activities like texting and "What has two thumbs and _______? THIS GUY!!!" type jokes.

But if there's anything that really gets me down about being human it's the fact that sleep is a necessity. Like, don't get me wrong. I enjoy cuddling up to my boo-thang for Sunday naps just as much as the next girl. But do you not realize how much I could get done in the 8 hour span of time it takes to get a decent night's sleep? Do you not realize how many more wikipedia pages I could have in my repertoire of useless information if I could actually utilize all 24 hours? When you examine the ratio of episodes of Keeping Up with the Kardashians on Netflix to the amount of hours in a day, sleep just seems so arbitrary. It's simple math people.

So when I saw this "Creature of the Night" shirt from PBJ Boutique, it just felt right. Think of it as a silent protest to the oppression of Sleep, and a way to marginalize my crippling insomnia.

Or just as a cute, comfy tee. That works too.

xoxo
Lo

13 comments:

  1. You've been gone far too long!
    I've missed your cute face and posts!

    Absolutely 100% in love with this shirt.
    If I wasn't poor I'd buy it lol.

    -Rashae

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm loving these pictures, they're so fun! I'm also really loving this super casual look!

    Paige
    http://thehappyflammily.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. i've always felt the same way about sleep! there are so many other productive (or not so productive) things to do with your time! i neeeed that shirt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look so cool. I love that outfit + your hair!

    And yes, sleeping is overrated. Seems like there should be a more efficient way to recharge...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just came across your blog and wow I am obsessed. Love, love, love your style! Also I was pretty excited to find that we share the same name and maybe the same town...if you still reside in provo and I like to think of myself as a blogger too. Anyways you can expect regular stalkings from me!

    Your new obsessed blog follower
    -Lauren DeVries

    Your new

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sleep is for the weak. One day, all the insomniacs will band together and take over. Those 8-hour sleepers won't know what hit 'em.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have been saying the same thing for ages! Glad to know there is someone out there who feels the same! haha

    ReplyDelete
  8. I knew I wasn't the only one thinking sleep was sorta a waste of time :P then again sleepy times are beautiful. Those shoes though Lo <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. hey, hey! You look so cute! I am diggin' this whole outfit... but especially those shoes!

    xo Lauryn
    Lauryncakes | Beauty & Fashion

    ReplyDelete
  10. well someone has a beautiful summer tan going! love these pictures!
    xo jac
    thesunshinedistrict.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing pictures, love the backdrop and the sunnies. ---Stephanie

    ReplyDelete

Reading your comments is like finding 5 dollars in my pocket. You guys are the best.

More reads...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...