Tuesday, June 3, 2014

That one time I graduated college.

*photos by Emma Vidmar Photography

Since I never sent out graduation announcements, and I have virtually no use for these pictures except to please my mother, I figured I'd post them here. And since I already got all mushy gushy about graduating, let me just give you the highlights of what actually went down on graduation day. For posterity's sake.

- buying my tassel from the bookstore, then immediately throwing it away on accident after absentmindedly stuffing it in the paper bag my two maple donuts (read: breakfast) came in.

- having to go back to the bookstore and explain to the cashier how I needed to buy another tassel for my "friend". You know, the same "friend" I bought that second maple donut for.

- getting to walk around all day in an oversized, shapeless sack. Or what I like to call, The Snuggie Lite.

- hearing the BYU Bell Tower play Vitamin C's "Graduation".

- lining up to walk into the Marriott Center and seeing at least 5 other bloggers, who were also graduating in the same school as me (Family, Home, and Social Sciences), begging the question: Did we choose this major because we're bloggers, or are we bloggers because we chose this major? Suddenly, I'm questioning everything.

- fancy dinner c/o The Chris and Josie Nielsen Foundation for Directionless College Grads.

- my BYU alumni t-shirt. Free w/ purchase of 5 years tuition.

So there's that.

xoxo
Lo

20 comments:

  1. you're hilarious. and that dress? to die for.
    congrats girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're dress looks adorable. So I am glad you posted. For posterity's sake! Congrats. For some reason I though you went to USU! doiii

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, my goodness, you are so funny. Like, always, but I've never really thought to say it. Girl, you make me laugh out loud. Please come to NYC one day and let's hang out (read: have a giggle fest) one day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks lady! and i hope you're serious about the NYC thing because I'm hoping to go visit this summer....

      Delete
  4. Congrats! What's your next step?

    <3 Daryl
    Unlost

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable dress. Congrats Lauren!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I recently discovered your blog and I look forward to all of your new posts. I laugh every time. Congrats on graduating!

    Fishbowl Fashion

    ReplyDelete
  7. I need to know where you got that dress!

    ReplyDelete
  8. CONGRATULATIONS! ...and gimme yo' dress.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on graduating! You look stunning and that LBD is perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haha! I can guess exactly who you saw. And yes...I am a blogger family studies major too hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  11. Huge congrats Lauren!! How did you like your major? I'm going through a bit of a major identity crisis at the moment and have been considering that one. haha
    You look absolutely adorable in these pics by the way, cutest dress. and shoes. and you're amazingly long gorgeous hair is making me super envious!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations! I am graduating in a semester and I can't wait! You look beautiful(: I really like your blog by the way, so I'll keep reading!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Haha, I'm reading your blog and laughing out loud. I love the tone of your writing! And the shimmy walk shot in this set of photos. Perfect.

    Briana
    www.herringboneheroine.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats! I just graduated as well! I can't say that I had a bunch of other bloggers in my class, much less my major, buttttt my graduating class was also 300 something. #liberalartschoolproblems.

    Can't wait to see what you have up your sleeve for the future!

    xoxo,
    Laura
    http://lauraisthriftingthroughlife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats Lauren! I'm so incredibly happy for you - it's been so wonderful to follow along on your journey and to see how much you've grown!

    Melanie
    Lace and Combat Boots | a life + style blog

    ReplyDelete
  16. congratulations :) nice the the future :D

    ReplyDelete

Reading your comments is like finding 5 dollars in my pocket. You guys are the best.

More reads...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...